Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Using themed css files requires a header control on the page. (e.g. head runat="server" ).

A search with the title text yields thousands of results each with almost similar solutions:
a.) Put the
tag on the page.
b.) Set EnableTheming = "False" on page. But this in itself doesn't work. Another workaround I saw was set StylesheetTheme="" Theme="" on the page. Even this didn't do the trick.

What worked for me was the comment on MS Connect page: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/102039/using-themed-css-files-requires-a-header-control-on-the-page-e-g-head-runat-server">

So I added a web.config in the folder where I had the page that was throwing an exception and insert
< pages theme="">


My page was using MS Virtual Earth and this error would block my custom code to be called from the Mapping.js file to display the push pins on the map.

No comments: