Friday, April 4, 2008

Repeating label value with multiple row groups -- SSRS

I was getting this weird behavior on my reports wherever I'd two row groups and multiple column groups in a matrix report. The label that I'd set on to show for the row group (the other row group was an invisible row group to have alternate colors in the rows) was repeating twice when it was rendered on a web page. While the label will show only once on my local machine in preview mode in IDE. The report looked something like:



The Date row header that was showing twice was placed on the designed only once. Couldn't locate any instance where somebody else too had this issue.

So, finally I implemented a workaround to get away from this.
1.) Removed the text from the row group header text box.
2.) Put in a rectangle at that text box
3.) Put a text box within the rectangle and wrote the required text.

And there it was. The text was now appearing only once. Happy that I was able to get rid of it. Took me some time for this idea to strike.

No comments: